Here at Total Changes we offer several different types of extensions to add a pop of color, make your hair fuller and even more beautiful!
- Q: What are Seamless Extensions?
- A: Seamless extensions are the newest hair extension trend on the market. Seamless extensions are “tape-in” thin wefts that get applied in “sandwiches” between your own hair in rows. It is the most requested hair extension method in salons worldwide. This method is 100% natural, requires no tools or chemicals, and lasts up to three months. It takes less than an hour to apply.
- Q: Will the Seamless Method damage my own hair?
- A: If properly installed and maintained, this method will not damage your hair. It is 100% natural and there are no chemicals or tools used. We recommend using one of our Certified Stylists for the best application.
- Q: Can I wash my hair everyday and blow dry it? What about swimming?
- A: Yes, you can wash your hair and get blowouts without ruining your seamless extensions. Our strong tape is extremely durable and lasts, as long as the scalp does not become excessively oily the bonds will stay. We have high quality tape that is strong. You can swim, workout, go on vacation, and not have to worry about your extensions coming out.
- Q: Can I color my hair extensions?
- A: Yes you can. Because our hair is 100% human hair all collections can be dyed. Just note that you should only use semi or demi permanent hair dye. You should never ever lift the color, only deposit it. You want to keep the hair healthy. Color darker, never lighter.
- Q: What are Fusion Extensions?
- A: Hot or cold fusion is used on individual keratin bonds. Fusion extensions are great for clients seeking length and volume and want little maintenance while the extnsions are in. The clients can treat the extensions as if it were their own hair.
- Q: How is it applied or attached to my hair?
- A: The Fusion System is a very unique interlocking technique that involves attaching small amounts of hair onto your hair. The fusion blends your hair with 100% human hair that perfectly matches your natural hair color and texture. Giving you a more natural look and feel.
- Q: Will it cause any damage to my hair?
- A: No. When following the recommended hair maintenance, the Fusion Hair Extension System will
not cause any damage to your natural hair or the add-in hair. It actually promotes healthier hair growth.
- Q: How long does it take?
- A: The average time for a full head is 3-6 hours.
- Q: Is a consultation required?
- A: Consultations are not required for those who have relatively healthy hair with minimal damage, know the color of the extensions they would like, and understand the color of their own natural hair. Those with severe damage or many hair colors require a consultation.
- Q: How long will it last?
- A: It will last anywhere from 6 to 12 months.
Q: How does the Halo Attach to my head?
A: The Halo Hair Extension is designed with an adjustable wire so it fits perfectly to the shape of your crown. The back of the wire must be placed just under the occipital bone (the bone you can feel at the back of your head) and the top of the wire at 1-2 inches from the top of your hair line. It must be a snug fit and positioned on a sloping angle.
- Make sure the wire is 1-2 inches from your hairline
- The top of the sides of the Halo are sitting above your ears
- The back of the Halo is under the occipital bone.
Q: Will it fall off? Does it feel secure?
A: This is the most common question we are asked about the Halo Hair Extensions. The answer is yes of course! Why would they be disrupting the entire hair extension industry if they don't feel secure?! As long as the Halo is adjusted to fit your crown, and sitting on the correct angle and under the occipital bone, it's not going anywhere. You should be able to shake your head comfortably, dance all night and wear it all day long without feeling like it's going to move.
Q: Is the Halo comfortable?
A: The Halo Hair Extension is the most comfortable and easy to wear hair extension in the market.
Because it doesn't pull on your own hair like beads, wefts and clip in hair extensions do. We've all experienced that hair extension headache… The Halo Hair Extension is also distributed evenly around your head and under your hair so you can't feel the weight of the hair. It will be fitted, sitting pretty and invisible. You'll forget it's even there!
Q: Can you see the Halo?
A: The only thing you'll notice when you're wearing the Halo is that your locks look hair-mazing! The wire at the front is clear and thin, creating an invisible look once your hair is pulled over correctly. There are a few Halos in the market that have not correctly implemented an invisible wire, but the Halo is not one of these. The rest of the Halo sits so low under your hair and around the crown, that there will be plenty of your own hair to hide it.
Q: Will it damage my hair?
A: No way! It physically cannot damage your hair.
Why? It's not attached to your own hair so it isn't able to damage it like other hair extensions do.
Q: How long will my Halo last?
A: The Halo is made of 100% European Remy Human Hair - It's made of the good stuff. If you take good care of it, it’ll last over a year. Just be careful to avoid damaging products like hair spray, mousse, pools and ocean and using hot tools often.
Q: How often should I wash my Halo?
A: The only time you should wash your Halo is when it gets dirty. Roughly every 1-2 months depending on how often you wear it. Things like dust or product build up may call for a wash.
Q: Can I colour my Halo?
A: Yes. The blonde Halos are great for toning to change the shades. You can also tint them to go darker. We highly recommend not bleaching your Halo because it shortens the lifespan and will lower the quality of the hair.
Q: What does REMY hair mean?
A: Remy Human Hair refers to hair which has been collected from a hair donors with all the cuticles facing the same direction. The unidirectional nature of the cuticles are important because this will minimise tangling in the extensions.
Micro links can be known as micro beads or locks, they are gentle to put in and easy to take out. Links can be added for length and volume. There is no glue or heat used when applying. To apply, a small silicone bead is placed onto the base of the client’s hair, with an individual strand of extension that is attached. Clients do need to be careful not to use conditioner near the bead to help reduce slipping of the extension. Your guest will have to come in every couple of months to have the extensions retightened. Micro links last about four months.